Did you know:
- Fresno Greek Fest is the only
Greek Festival west of the Mississippi that cooks 94% OF ITS FOOD
Greek Fest is in August to best approximate the day and night-time
temperatures in Greece – for a much enhanced and authentic experience?
- The Ancient Athenians were the
first humans to develop democracy?
- The Greek Alphabet is the forerunner
of the alphabet we use in English today?
- Ancient Greek children slept in
whicker baskets until they were seven years old?
- Ancient Greeks ate dinner while
lying on their sides?
- Greek was the language of education
in the Roman Empire?
- Greek food today, with slight variation
(such as the addition of the tomato after 1500), is about as it
has been for over 2000 years?
- Greeks consume more olive oil per
capita than any other group of people?
- Greek dance is actually very easy
–- all you have to do is follow along?
- The length of Greece’s coastline
is estimated at 9,300 miles; America’s coastline is estimated
at 11,800 miles. The land area of Greece is slightly smaller than
- The yo-yo is the second oldest
known toy in the world (only the doll is older), and was born
over 3,000 years ago in the days of ancient Greece?
- That there are no longer any Greek
Restaurants in Fresno, so that Greek Fest is the ONLY PLACE you
can buy authentic Greek Food in town?
- Greek beer tastes good –
and you can taste it at Greek Fest?
- Greek is one of the few European
languages where the word NO does not have any sort of “"N"”
- If a word has a “ph”
in it, it is probably Greek?